We are pleased to announce the list of animated projects selected to participate in the VAF Trebon 2017. As each year, we were watching for all the applications with impatience. We were pleasantly surprised of high number of submitted projects from the Central and Eastern Europe. We are very glad about this fact.
All selected projects will take part in the pitching preparation with an experienced professional on their story concept, project development, financial plan, market or festival strategy, possible coproduction workflow separation etc. This will be followed by the pitching competition and individual meetings where they will face industry professionals. Every participant’s objective is to find partners, distributors, and broadcasters and win their interest – and maybe even “sell” their projects.
The winning project in both categories will receive 2,000 EUR for further development and the winner of the category TV Series/Specials will have direct access to Cartoon Forum 2017 without the need to undergo competitive pre-selection. This year for the first time, the representative of the MAIA WORKSHOP, the advanced training and coaching programme for emerging producers, will award the best producer who wins the invitation for their training.
The projects selected for the category SHORT FILM are as follows:
1. Death of Mother Jugovic (dir: Jugovic Mihajlo Dragas, Serbia)
2. Flatastic (dir: Alice Saey, Lea Perret, France)
3. Goldhorn (dir: Lea Vučko, Slovenia)
4. Hurikan (dir: Jan Saska, Vojtěch Kiss, Czech Republic)
5. Malva and Leshy (dir: Marcin Karolewski, Poland)
6. Salvation Has No Name (dir: Joseph Wallace, Great Britain)
7. Silent Films (dir: Krste Gospodinovski, Macedonia)
8. Supper (dir: Daniel Barany, Hungary)
9. Symbiosis (dir: Nadja Andrasev, Hungary)
10. The Angst & The Bliss (dir: Niccolo Manzolini, Lucia Malerba, Italy)
11. The Kite (dir: Martin Smatana, Slovakia)
12. Waterloo & Trafalgar (dir: Matthew Torode, ZA, France)
13. Wild Beasts (dir: Marta Prokopova, Michal Blaško, Slovakia)
The projects selected for the category TV SERIES & SPECIALS are as follows:
1. Castaways (dir: Péter Szeiler, Hungary)
2. Dinosaurs in the Sky (dir: Amanda Richardson, Great Britain)
3. Door to Othertown (dir: Bálint Gelley, Hungary)
4. Forest Disputes (dir: Artur Wyrzikowski, Poland)
5. Mimi & Lisa (Christmas TV special, dir: Ivana Šebestová, Katarína Kerekesová, Slovakia)
6. Mr.Passenger (dir: Jose Cavalheiro, Portugal)
7. Mum Is Pouring Rain (TV special, dir: Hugo De Faucompret, France)
8. The Elements (dir: Zora Cejnková, Czech Republic)
9. Vacuum (dir: Lukša Benić, Silva Ćapin, Denis Golenja, Croatia)
10. Why Paintings Don’t Need Titles (dir: Maria Procházková, Czech Republic)
More information about the Visegrad Animation Forum here or join us on Facebook Page @VisegradAnimationForum!